I didn’t expect us to match our huge net worth increase in March, but we had a good net worth increase in April (click on the spreadsheet below). Our total net worth is now $6,438.50, well on our way to our 2007 goal of $22,000.
Some highlights from April follow:
- The nice boost to our net worth this month came thru a $1,147.24 (after taxes) commission check that my wife earned.
- We deposited $630.00 into our Emigrant Direct savings account for Roth IRA funding (once we hit $3,000 will be moved into Vanguard 500 Index Fund Inv). We also restarted my company 401(k), albeit at a measly 2% of my gross pay. Our retirement investment focus for 2007 is to fully fund our Roth IRA’s, and put any “extra” money into my 401(k) plan.
- We paid off our American Express credit card.
- I took $50 from my April fun money ($180/month) and deposited it into our ING Direct account. I hope to get $500 saved up to speculate with in the stock market (more for fun/education than as an investment purposes).
- We had numerous large expenses in April (noted in the spreadsheet) that totaled $1,219.45.
I have added a 2007 net worth goal meter to the blog (upper right hand corner) that will provide a quick reference on our progress.
Thank God for the great month and hopefully we can duplicate it again in May.