2008 was a great year, even with the very rough economy. Below is a table compiling our net worth data for 2008 (click on table to enlarge). Some highlights from 2008 include:
- We increased our net worth from $23,873.25 to $ 42,083.69. We missed our net worth goal of $47,800.00 by $5,716.31, but still made good progress.
- We increased our savings account balance from $4,629.57 to $15,651.73. This cash will help provide us some security while my wife looks for a new job.
- We contributed $6,250.00 total to our Roth IRAs. We had hoped to max out our Roth IRA contributions ($5,000 each), but boosting our savings became a priority instead.
- We contributed $4,797.69 total to our 401(k) plans. No real target here, just wanted to continue adding to it.
- We reduced our debt from $374,466.21 to $347,279.48. Over 1/2 of this reduction was from selling Car 1.
We have great hopes for 2009. I will be posting our 2009 goals very soon.