A lot of progress was made since our February 2007 Net Worth update. We have a positive net worth! Thank God! It’s a great feeling to finally have a positive net worth, even if it is only $3,293.43.
I can’t believe we were able to post a $6,462.28 change (click on spreadsheet below) to our net worth in one month. Over half of this increase was due to our Federal and State tax refunds ($2,044) and my wife receiving a $1,463 tuition reimbursement.
Here are the highlights from March:
- Our 401(k) has recovered pretty well from the $1,000 hit it took during the February stock market plunge
- We have $100 (starting small) invested in prosper at an average rate of 12.23%.
- Our emergency fund was given needed attention
- We made some serious headway on paying down our credit card debt. All of the remaining credit card debt is on 0% interest credit cards
- My wife’s student loan balance also was hacked down by the tuition reimbursement that she received